Thank you to Stephen for nominating me for this award! Y’all need to check out his blog! His reviews are incredible.
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
My Answers to Stephen’s Questions:
What inspired you to decide to start a blog?
I decided to start a blog for two reasons: 1) I wanted to be able to have a place that I could discuss how I feel about books that it outside of my family. 2) I wanted to be a part of the book blogging community. I love interacting with everyone here, and this has definitely been the best part of my blogging experience.
Where is your favourite place to read?
I love to read in bed propped up on pillows with a glass of wine or outside in the sunshine (also with some sort of adult beverage).
What do you think is the most challenging thing about being a book blogger?
The most challenging part is writing reviews that are intelligible rather than streaming together a mush of sentences that no one cares about. I’m definitely hypercritical of my own reviews.
Do you like to plan, or are you more of a spontaneous person?
I’m a planner through and through. I love lists and being organized. I do enjoy some spontaneity, which is why my husband is perfect for me since he reminds me to throw a curve ball in my schedule at times.
What are your favourite blog posts to write?
I love doing posts where I am promoting authors either in blog tours, cover reveals, Q&A, etc. Promoting debut authors and indie authors was one of my major motivations to start a blog. My other favorite posts are the WWW Wednesday weekly meme by Tynga. I love this post because it helps me stay on track with my weekly goals.
Tea or coffee?
I actually love both tea and coffee. I start off every day with at least two cups of black coffee in the morning. I need my caffeine to survive.
Which country or place would you most like to visit?
I would love to visit the Amalfi Coast of Italy. It’s one of the most picturesque places that I have ever seen in photos. Also, there’s amazing seafood, and of course, wine.
Do you have any reading goals for 2019?
My reading goals for 2019 are to read 100 books and review the majority (if not all) of the books that I read.
What was your last 5-star read?
My last 5-star read was The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren. This was my book by her, and I have heard her stories are amazing. I read The Unhoneymooners in one sitting. I couldn’t put it down.
What is your favourite day of the week?
My favorite day of the week is Saturday. I work in the lab (for grad school) Monday through Saturday, so Saturday night is the night that I can just relax and not have to worry about preparing for the work week.
Of all the books you own, which one has the nicest cover?
This is a really tough question. I think I’m going to go with The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon.
My Questions to My Nominees:
- What is one outcome that you did not expect from blogging?
- Do you plan your blog posts or post as they come to you?
- What is one food that you just cannot bring yourself to eat?
- Do you own any pets?
- What motivates you to keep your blog going?
- What are your top three books?
- If you could meet any author (alive or dead), who would you pick? Why?
- What do you like to do to relax after a difficult day?
- What is your favorite vacation to date?
- What inspired your blogging style?
- What is your go to weeknight meal?
I can’t wait to hear your responses!