Happy Wednesday fellow bookworms! Another Wednesday means another WWW Wednesday (my favorite post of the week!), which is a meme sponsored by Sam at Taking on a World of Words. To take part, you just have to answer the following questions:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you will read next?
- Hallow by Olga Gibbs – The sequel to Heavenward, which I am on tour for (check out my post on May 11!). I’m so excited to continue Ariel’s story to see if she can finally defeat those that wish to destroy her…as well as reclaim her own fate.
- The Luminous Dead by Caitlin Starling – I’ve never read anything like this before. Described as an atmospheric debut with the intense drive of The Martian and Gravity but the creepiness of Annihilation, which is absolutely spot on. I’m 150 pages into this book, and I have to keep pausing because I actually feel claustrophobic as Gyre keeps descending further through the cave. And Em? The head of the mission that can CONTROL Gyre’s suit. This book is one hell of a roller coaster, and I’m loving it!
- Heavenward by Olga Gibbs – 4 stars. I loved this new take on warring angels. This isn’t a falling angel versus archangel story, which is what I’m used to. This is a story about a girl (Ariel) who is thrown into the middle of an angel war where the angels are split up into factions. How do you know who to trust when angels are supposed to be good?! My review will be up next week right before my Hallow blog tour post.
- The Kingdom by Jess Rothenberg (ARC) – 4 stars. This book was sooo much darker than I was expecting. Take Disney Princesses now imagine a Westworld scenario. It also reminded me of Girls with Sharp Sticks. This book was really good. My review will be up next week.
- How it Feels to Float by Helena Fox (ARC) – 3 stars. This book is an incredibly important book for teenagers in that it deals with both grief and depression. That being said, this book was not for me. Here is my review.
Up Next to Read
- Star-Crossed by Minnie Darke (ARC)
- Otherwise Engaged by Lindsey J. Palmer
- Gravemaidens by Kelly Coon (eARC) – I have an eARC of my most anticipated read for this year, and I may die. I can’t even begin to convey how excited I am to read this book!!!!
Have you read any of these books? Are any of these on your TBR? Also, please leave your WWW Wednesday links in the comments.