Happy Wednesday book friends! It’s time to pause for another WWW Wednesday! As a reminder, WWW Wednesday is a meme sponsored by Sam at Taking on a World of Words. To take part, you just have to answer the following questions:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you will read next?
- A Summer Escape and Strawberry Shortcake at the Cosy Kettle by Liz Eeles (eARC) – I’m only about 20% through this one. So far, my heart hurts for Flora. Her husband (soon to be ex) is the lowest of the low. I’m rooting for her to overcome her situation and get her bookshop to thrive.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (audiobook) – I’m about 80% through this one, and it has been one hell of a ride. This dream team can do no wrong when it comes to writing.
- The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman – I’m only a few chapters into this one, and I am absolutely loving Nina. She’s hilarious. I also wish I worked at a bookshop and could just be surrounded by books (minus the customers lol).
Recently Finished Reading
- The Written by Ben Galley – 4 stars. A dark fantasy that is action packed, has incredible world building, and encompasses all magical creatures. I definitely enjoyed reading this one. Here’s my review.
- Kindgom of Exiles by Maxym M. Martineau (ARC) – DNF. I tried reading this book on three separate occasions. I couldn’t get past 150 pages. I was really drawn to the idea of a beast charmer and coupled with a forbidden romance, but this story just didn’t work for me.
- Summer at the Little French Cafe by Karen Clarke (eARC) – 4 stars. This is the perfect beach read that will have you wishing you were sipping mimosas in the French Riviera while reading this book. I loved watching Elle interact with the people of Chamillon as she tried to find her biological mother. Here’s my review.
- Lock Every Door by Riley Sager (ARC) – 5 stars. OMFG! This book absolutely blew me away. There were so many parts of this book that I felt at the core of my being, which made the story even more sinister. My review will be up on July 9th as part of the blog tour hosted by Fantastic Flying Book Club!
- Wilder Girls by Rory Power (ARC) – 3 stars. I was so excited to read this book because I love all things viruses/contagions/epidemics. However, this book was so much more gruesome than I was anticipated, which left me confused as to how I felt about the book overall. Here’s my review.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (audiobook) – 4 stars. Ok, why didn’t anyone warn me about how creepy Jim Dale’s impersonation of the Basilik is?! OMG, my skin literally crawled during those scenes. Also, Gilderoy Lockhart was so much worse in the book. Ugh. I really dislike that man.
Up Next to Read
- Ronaldo: Rudi’s Birthday Extravaganza by Maxine Sylvester
- The Friendship Pact by Alison James (ARC)
- Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson (eARC)
Have you read any of these? Are any of these on your TBR? Let’s discuss! Also, please leave your WWW Wednesday links in the comments.