Hey book friends! I am back for another WWW Wednesday post. Just as a reminder WWW Wednesday is a meme sponsored by Sam at Taking on a World of Words. To take part, you just have to answer the following questions:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you will read next?
- The Tenth Girl by Sara Faring (ARC) – not gonna lie, I am so lost in this one right now. I am 30% through this one, and I still have no idea what’s happening and why. I’m hoping things start getting better.
- Athena’s Choice by Adam Boostrom – such a cool sci-fi concept! I’m 50% through this one, and I find the whole book really intriguing.
- Obsidio by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (audiobook) – still plugging my way through this one. I love this story. I haven’t been listening to audiobooks lately, but I definitely plan on finishing!
Recently Finished Reading
- Kingdom of Souls by Rena Barron (eARC) – DNF. This one was really difficult for me because I had been dying for this book to be released. I made it to the 60% mark, and I just couldn’t do it anymore. So much background was given without much plot development and then I felt that the MC was lead down such a dark path with no hope for redemption. Still frustrated that this one didn’t turn out how I wanted.
- The Language of Divorce by Leanne Treese (ARC) – 4 stars. This one took me by surprise. I thought the whole reality TV divorce would make this book more of a laughing matter, but this one ending up being great. The ending was everything I could’ve ever wanted. Here is my review.
- The Babysitters Coven by Kate Williams (eARC) – 4 stars. Remember being a teenager and babysitting? Well take that and add magical powers. Such a fun read. Here is my review.
- A Different Time by Michael Hill (eARC) – 5 stars. Oh. My. God. ALL THE STARS. Y’all need to read this book. At only 200 pages, this book was incredible. Here is my review.
- The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix Harrow (ARC) – 4 stars. Pulling off a story within in a story amongst a backdrop of magical realism is no easy feat but this author executes it beautifully. Here is my review.
- Her Secret Son by Hannah Mary McKinnon (ARC) – 4 stars. This book is the definition of doing whatever it takes for your loved ones and to protect them at all costs. This page turner kept me on the edge of my seat. Here is my review.
- Obviously: Stories from My Timeline by Akilah Hughes – 5 stars. My soul never needed a book the way that it needed this one. I felt that I could have written the words on the pages myself since I also lived them. I can’t stress enough how important #ownvoices stories are needed. Full review to come.
Up Next to Read
- Toil & Trouble by Augusten Borroughs
- Sleeping Giants by Slyvain Neuvel
- The Good Luck Girls by Charlotte Nicole Davis
Have you read any of these? Are any of these on your TBR? Let’s discuss! Also, please leave your WWW Wednesday links in the comments.