Hey everyone! Happy Wednesday! Welcome to another WWW Wednesday! As a reminder, WWW Wednesday is a meme sponsored by Sam at Taking on a World of Words. To take part, you just have to answer the following questions:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you will read next?
- The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh (ARC) – I’m rereading this as part of the reread promotion that Penguin Teen is hosting in anticipation of The Damned. I am really enjoying picking up on all the small details that I didn’t catch before. I love Celine’s boldness.
- The Luminous Dead by Caitlin Starling (audiobook) – This is a reread for me for #deepdarkreads. I love this book, but this is my first time doing the audio.
- Little Whispers by K.L. Slater (eARC) – I’m 20% into this one, and there’s this overall sense of unease. You can tell something is about to go very wrong. Can’t wait to see where the story goes.
Recently Finished Reading/DNF
- Daughters of Smoke and Fire by Ava Homa (ARC) – 4 stars. This is one of those books that educates you on cultures outside of your own. I felt Leila’s anger and rage from the pages. Some of the scenes were really tough to read, but overall, it was so worth it. Here is my review.
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco (audiobook) – 4 stars. I am so sad that I waited so long to get to this series. This book was so much more than I was expecting. I already LOVE Audrey Rose. She’s such a badass. Here is my mini-review.
- Private Lessons by Cynthia Salaysay (eARC) – 3 stars. A timely #MeToo read. While the overall story is interesting, the main character just wasn’t for me. Review to come.
- What You Wish For by Katherine Center (ARC) – 2 stars. Ugh, I was so disappointed with this one! I loved Things You Save in a Fire. This one felt immature, and even though the author tries to tackle a controversial topic (school shooting), the execution did not work in my opinion. Review to come.
- Catherine House by Elisabeth Thomas – 3 stars. This is one of those, I didn’t hate this book, but I didn’t really enjoy it either. I admire that this debut tried to tackle several different genres, but I think that this left readers wanting. Review to come.
- All My Mother’s Lovers by Ilana Masad (eARC) – 4.5 stars. OMFG! READ THIS BOOK! This book was amazing. I have never read anything like this book. I’m being vague here because I am still trying to wrap my head around it, so sorry for that. Review to come.
- Bloom by Kevin Panetta and illustrated by Savanna Ganucheau (graphic novel) – 4 stars. Omg, this was such a heartwarming read. I tore through this one. I loved the story of Ari and Hector and everything they endured. Review to come.
- The Betrothed by Kiera Cass – DNF. After 100 pages, I just couldn’t do it any longer. This book literally has no plot. It feels like we were dropped into the middle of an ongoing conversation with the backstory and you already know where the conversation is headed. So disappointing.
Up Next to Read
- Dead Air by Michael Bradley (eARC)
- The Glamourist by Luanne G. Smith (ARC)
- Safe by S. K. Barnett
- A Song Below Water by Bethany C. Morrow
Have you read any of these? Are any of these on your TBR? Let’s discuss!
Also, please leave your WWW Wednesday links in the comments.